January 19, 2021
In a letter to their partners last month, Panasonic has announced that they will be shutting down their Business Communications branch of their company within two years of the announcement (12/11/2022).
Why are they doing this?
They bring several reasons to light as to why they are making this decision, including:
- The advancement and adoption of cloud-based phones.
- A disconnect between their current resources/assets and the future needs of the market.
- Struggling to keep up with competitors R&D activities.
- Financial deficit due to reasons above.
- Covid-19 shifting the landscape to a new demand for products such as Teams and Zoom making the future of their market unpredictable.
If you have a Panasonic phone system, then it is time to start considering alternatives so you can stay a step ahead.
Cloud-based phones are the future of telephony and business communications, and for good reason. Besides just telephony, they provide a host of other collaboration tools such as video conferencing, team chat, document sharing, call center features, and many others.
They are also extremely flexible and expandable, which make them great options for any size of business.
Cloud-based brands to consider:
- Avaya IP office
- Teams with Voice Integration
Whether you decide to move to cloud-based phones or would like to stay with an on-prem solution, find out how OneNet can help you make the best choice for your company. You can connect with us via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: 952-960-1000